Washington Speech-Language-Hearing Association (WSLHA) is an organization which promotes professional excellence in speech-language pathology and audiology. The mission of WSLHA is to act as the primary resource and advocate for its members and those they serve through legislation, continuing education, collaboration, professional endeavors and publications.
The Washington Speech -Language -Hearing Association is a professional and scholarly organization which promotes (a) the study of normal and disordered human communication, (b) the prevention, assessment and treatment of speech, language and hearing disorders, (c) the highest professional standards and ethical practices, (d) the exchange and dissemination of information related to the discipline of communication sciences and disorders and the professions of speech-language pathology and audiology, (e) the advocacy of the rights of persons with communication disorders, and (f) the individual and collective professional
interests of members of the Association.
WSLHA has adopted the ASHA Code of Ethics
The Washington Speech-Language-Hearing Association was formed in 1956. Since then, WSLHA has served many speech, language and hearing professionals throughout the state of Washington by providing a central organization whose purpose is to:
- Promote optimum services for the communicatively impaired.
- Encourage scientific study of normal and disordered communication and to improve evaluation and intervention procedures.
- Promote cooperation among persons dealing with communication disorders as exemplified in educational, clinical, rehabilitative and industrial settings in the state.
- Stimulate the exchange and dissemination of information pertaining to speech-language pathology and audiology.
- Encourage a better understanding of, and a deeper interest in, persons with speech, language and/or hearing disorders by professionals in related disciplines and by the general public.
- Advocate the rights of persons with communication disorders.
- Promote the highest professional standards and ethical practices.
- Associate Member
- Paraprofessional Member
- Student Member
- Life Member